Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Meredith Gentry series by: Laurell K. Hamilton

Quite a few years ago now Laurell K. Hamilton came out with a new urban fantasy series called the Meredith Gentry series.  I am a long time, dedicated reader of Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series so I had no hesitation to pick up the first book in her new series, A Kiss Of Shadows. Like the Anita series these books bring the fantastical to life and seamlessly weave it together with our own reality but instead of vampires, shape shifters, and necromancy she brings the world of faeries to life in a whole new way. In this series her writing remains as descriptively delicious as always with tasty characters and highly sexual plot lines that I wouldn’t recommend to anyone’s young teenage daughter. The idea behind this series is that Meredith Gentry, a half human half faery princess is in line for the throne along with her cunning and sadistic cousin, the son of The Queen of Air and Darkness. As the world of faerie and all those of faery decent are becoming infertile the throne will be given to the one to conceive first. With a band of “Merry Men” at her side she does her best to be the one to get their first. See below for a synopsis of the first book!

“My name is Meredith Gentry, but of course it’s not my real name. I dare not even whisper my true name after dark for fear that one hushed word will travel over the night winds to the soft ear of my aunt, the Queen of the Air and Darkness. She wants me dead. I don’t even know why.”


Meredith Gentry, Princess of the high court of Faerie, is posing as a human in Los Angeles, living as a P.I. specializing in supernatural crime. But now the Queen’s assassin has been dispatched to fetch her back–whether she likes it or not. Suddenly Meredith finds herself a pawn in her dreaded aunt’s plans. The job that awaits her: enjoy the constant company of the most beautiful immortal men in the world. The reward: the crown–and the opportunity to continue to live. The penalty for failure: death.

I seriously eat this stuff up. Click here for Laurell's web site which has links to all her books, her blog (which I read every day), and a sneak peak at many of the first chapters of her novels.

WARNING to all parents that there is a very high volume of sexual content in this series that may not be appropriate for your children.  For everyone else enjoy :)

Happy Reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment