Monday, June 21, 2010

Today In My Mailbox I Found....

The Search by Nora Roberts.  Thank you very much to the Penguin Group Canada for sending me the newest Nora Roberts book!  Its very hot in my part of Ontario Canada today so I set aside an hour or two between house chores to drink some iced tea and read a few chapters.  I can't say that I get excited for a Nora Roberts book the way I do when one of my favorite authors releases a new book but I am always certain I can count on Roberts to sweep me away for a few hours into a romantic, enjoyable, and entertaining story.  Five chapters in I am engaged by the plot and eagerly waiting for things to steam up between the two main characters.  Look for my review of this novel on July 6, 2010 and if your interested in more information about The Search please read on!

Title: The Search
Author: Nora Roberts
Publisher: Penguin Group
Release Date: July 6, 2010
Format: Hardcover ($31.00 CDN)
Age Group: Adult
Copy: Provided by Penguin Group Canada

From the Publisher:

To most people, Fiona Bristow seems to have an idyllic life-a quaint house on an island off Seattle's coast, a thriving dog-training school, and a challenging volunteer job performing canine search and rescues. Not to mention her three intensely loyal Labs. But Fiona got to this point by surviving a nightmare... 


 

Several years ago, Fiona was the only survivor of the Red Scarf serial killer, who shot and killed Fiona's cop fiance and his K-9 partner. 

On Orcas Island, Fiona found the peace and solitude she needed to rebuild her life. But all that changes on the day Simon Doyle barrels up her drive, desperate for her help. He's the reluctant owner of an out-of-control puppy, foisted upon him by his mother. Jaws has eaten through Simon's house, and he's at his wit's end. 


To Fiona, Jaws is nothing she can't handle. Simon, however, is another matter. A newcomer to Orcas, he's a rugged and in-tensely private artist, known for the exquisite furniture he creates from wood. Simon never wanted a puppy-and he most definitely doesn't want a woman. Besides, the lanky redhead is not his type. But tell that to his hormones. 


As Fiona embarks on training Jaws, and Simon begins to appreciate both dog and trainer, the past tears back into Fiona's life. A copycat killer has emerged out of the shadows, a man whose bloodlust has been channeled by a master with one motive: to reclaim the woman who slipped out of his hands...

4 comments:

Stacy at The Novel Life said...

I also can count on Nora to take me away from it all for just a bit! My kids used to tease me about having every single one of her books! "ahh, mom's reading nora again....we won't hear from her this afternoon!"

Zja Noir said...

Five seconds into that blurb I could tell it would be one of her serial killer novels LOL She is so predictable in her plots, but what she does, she does well. I love her stories, they are so easy to get lost in. I am like Stacy above, I own all her books and enjoy spending an entertaining afternoon getting carried away by her stories. I am looking forward to getting my hands on this one! Its been a while since I have a new Nora Roberts novel to read.

The Book Guru said...

lol I enjoyed it very much. It was predictable but all of her books have a fairly similar beginning, middle, end but I was happily lost in Nora land for a few hours :)

Anonymous said...

I honestly adore Nora Roberts but when someone starts killing puppies I kinda freak out. Is it any good otherwise?

Post a Comment