Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Count Down Is On!



I have definitely not been with "the program" for some time, so it came as a surprise when someone asked me if I knew when The City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare was coming out and for the first time in forever I did not know the answer! While you are likely more "with" the program then I am at the moment, for those of you who don't know, the release date is fast approaching and we will be blessed with the fourth installment in the Mortal Instrument series on April 5th, 2011.

It only took reading the first few paragraphs of City of Fallen Angels to be sucked back into the world of Shadowhunters, vamps and werewolves and after searching for a book to capture my attention for some time now I anticipate that this may be the one to have me curled up on the couch for hours while I read it front to back as I did with the previous three novels in the series.

I gather from the first chapter that the narrator of this novel will be Simon and while I fully expect there will be lots of interaction with all the main characters I hope I enjoy the focus being on him as much as I did with it being on Clary.

What I loved so much about the Mortal Instrument series was its appeal to teens and adults alike as well as being a YA novel enjoyed by both men and women. I remember being at my cottage and watching as the novels were passed from myself to my younger cousin, my aunts, and eventually even to my uncle! The appeal of these novels seemed to stem from a fascination with the concept of Shadowhunters while still having a strong foundation in the ever popular themes of vampires and werewolves.

Below I have attached a few "extras" that I found of interest regarding the City of Fallen Angels and the Mortal Instruments series. I look forward to reading the book when its released and (fingers crossed) posting an ecstatic review of the novel the following day!

Web site: The Mortal Instruments
Author Blog: Cassandra Clare 
Click here for the first chapter of City of Fallen Angels




For those of you who have not read the first novel in the series, City of Bones below is the book trailer.

1 comments:

Grace Fonseca said...

Love your blog. Your blog is fabulous. Come visit mine.

Post a Comment