Sunday, January 2, 2011

Pregnant and Reading

Well its time to reveal that I am pregnant! This is my husbands and my first child and we have waited a long time for this miracle to happen! Pregnancy and working two jobs has drastically impacted my reading for the past 4 months. For the first 3 months I just slept ALL THE TIME! And then I got sick with the flu and couldn't take any medication. So for a woman who averages reading 2 to 3 books a week I have managed to read only 3 books in the past 4 months.....yes its sad I know. While I am still tired and working 2 jobs I hope to finally get back into my reading swing. I have quite a few books I still need to read and review before taking on any new material but on a go forward basis I don't think I'll be reading quite as much as normal! With that said I do hope to be posting a review a week in addition to getting back to posting book covers, author interviews, book news, etc. Thank you all for having patience with me and for not deleting me from your blog roll. Never did I imagine pregnancy would make me this tired or this disinterested in doing my favorite thing (reading of course)!

Hopefully within the next two weeks you will see the pace picking up on The Book Guru!

I hope you all had a fantastic holiday :)

Happy Reading,

Lindsey

17 comments:

Savannah said...

Congrats!

Shanyn said...

Wow congrats!!! I have often wondered if I will be able to read while pregnant... I guess I'll just have to see what happens when that time comes :)

Julie@My5monkeys said...

congrats and I was sick like that with my pregnancies.

ParaJunkee said...

Hang in there. It'll get better. Congrats!

Natalie said...

Congrats! Hope to hear about the little mini Book Guru in the future! Lol

Midnight Bloom said...

Congratulations Lindsey!! :)

Heather said...

Congratulations. I did enough reading while pregnant, it was afterward, my son wanted constant attention every minute he was awake and that was almost every hour.

Brooke said...

Congrats!!!!

Kristi said...

Congratulations! Take the time you need, what a special moment for you both! ;-)

Eleni said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you! :P

LM Preston said...

Congratulations! I remember it took me a while to have my 1st one, then the other 3 came way to quickly, lol! Many blessings and joy for you this new year, especially with a sweetie on the way! And btw, 2 jobs, a husband, pregnant and blogging... where's your Super Woman cape?

Simcha said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting, especially if it's your first time. I'll tell you, when I was nursing I got sooo much reading done, so that's something to look forward to :)

Hope you are feeling good!

Lola said...

Congrats!!!

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

Congratulations!

Lina Shaik said...

Congrats is in order! I'm currently pregnant too (about 4+ mths) so I totally understand what you mean. Take good care of yoursef and get as much rest as you need. After all, you deserve it!

The Book Guru said...

I would answer you all individually but the response to my post is overwhelming lol. Thank you all for your kind words and support.

To Lina- Congrats yourself! I hope you have having more luck reading them me!

B.Kienapple said...

Hey Lindsey, I am so behind on my blog reading and just caught this. Congratulations! This is wonderful. Keep us posted!

Post a Comment